A retreat centre near Glastonbury offering quality
facilities for courses, workshops and seminars.
Volunteering at EarthSpirit
We have now been hosting volunteers at the centre for many years through our involvement with WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms), HelpX (Help Exchange) and Working Away.
We also welcome volunteers who have stayed here as guests, offering lodging and food in return for 5 hours work a day 5 days a week.
The work involved ranges from gardening and general maintenance through to housekeeping, help in the kitchen and looking after the hens.
If you are interested in volunteering at EarthSpirit, please contact us by email only to: francoise(at)earthspirit-centre.co.uk
You can give us details of any relevant experience, particular areas of interests, and the dates you are hoping to volunteer. And a photo please.
Rules and Information for volunteers
The EarthSpirit Centre is an holistic retreat centre near Glastonbury in Somerset. We host retreats for a wide variety of groups, usually within the fields of bodywork, healing, shamanism, meditation, counselling, tantra and dance.
We welcome volunteers and are delighted that you are interested in joining us. There are a few points we would like to clarify with you in advance:-
- Volunteers are required to do a minimum of 25 hours work per week in exchange for their keep. Shifts are set each Monday morning. Work is generally done in one of four areas; site, garden, kitchen and housekeeping. You are welcome to indicate a preference if you have a skill or interest in one of those areas and we will try and find work for you in that area but ultimately work will be determined by the needs of the centre.
- If you have a particular skill and would like to be primarily allocated to one area of work please let us know in advance and we will see if this can be accommodated.
- Accommodation will be in either a room or a caravan. Your accommodation may be changed, depending on the needs of visiting groups, but we will seek to minimise this.
- Your stay with us is temporary and casual. You are free to leave at any time but we do ask for as much notice as you can give if you do need to leave. Likewise we reserve the right to ask you to leave at any time. We will seek to give you adequate time to make arrangements for your departure.
- We will ask longer stay volunteers to do a trial period. Generally no volunteers stay for more than three months.
- Food is vegetarian and is usually prepared by our kitchen staff who will set meal times. These are often reliant on group eating times and can vary. Also meals will be plated up for you during busy times.
- If you have a special diet please let us know in advance. It is not always easy to juggle group demands and your needs. So occasionally if your diet is complicated we hope you can cook something simple for yourself using our ingredients.
- We will arrange your dates (arrival and departure dates) before you come. Unless an extension of your stay is agreed we ask you to make early arrangements for where you go next.
Please let us know if you have any questions about your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you...
With best wishes,
Françoise, Volunteer Co-ordinator
Direct line 01458 274130