A retreat centre near Glastonbury offering quality
facilities for courses, workshops and seminars.
Site Maintenance Manager Assistant
Site Maintenance Manager Assistant | Glastonbury | Full-time or Part-time (4-5 days a week) | £11.50 per hour
EarthSpirit is an award-winning holistic venue, primarily for groups specialising in personal development and complementary therapies. The centre comprises seven acres and is situated some five miles south of Glastonbury.
As a Site Assistant Manager, you will work to the Site Manager on technical, maintenance, grounds and building issues. The role would suit someone with initiative and a broad range of practical skills.
Please note that the role may include on-call responsibilities, outside of office hours, occasional weekends, and additional days may be requested when the resident Site Manager is away. Days worked can sometimes be flexible providing duties are met.
The successful candidate will earn £11.50 per hour depending on skills and previous experience.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- An CSCC card would be desirable
- A chainsaw certificate is desireable
- You will need a full UK driving licence
Your role will involve, but not be limited to
- Painting and Decorating
- Assisting in looking after the spa (hot tub and sauna), including maintenance
- Assisting erecting yurts and tents when needed
- Keeping the storage areas tidy, this includes the canvas store, the furniture, tool and camping equipment stores
- Maintaining the bonfire areas
- Assisting Maintenance for all equipment (stereo, lights, heaters etc.)
- Working the grounds, camping and park areas including tree care, grass-cutting, hedges and strimming. Mower maintenance. Responsibility does not include gardening
- Assisting with managing rubbish and re-cycling collections and disposal
- Assisting with building projects. Some familiarity with building skills (concrete, stone & woodwork) would be an advantage
- Supporting the housekeeping team during turnarounds between groups
- Acting up to take on the role of site manager when the site manager is away, on leave or ill
- Experience of leading small teams is an advantage as you may need to delegating jobs to others in the team
- Liaising with group leaders who rent the centre to help with their requirements
What can you expect in return?
- Statutory 28 days paid holiday based on full time employment (40 hours a week is full time) pro rata is based on average over 12 weeks
- Company pension scheme etc
- Training and support available
- There may be an opportunity in the future to live on site – this is to be negotiated
Applications by covering letter and CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org